This CPD has been designed to provide an overview of shingles to both specifiers and contractors, enabling them to confidently specify and install shingles on their next project.
The exceptional performance characteristics of the western red cedar used for shingles – outstanding rigidity, lightweight, exceptional resistance to weather and temperature extremes – makes it an economical and practical solution for traditional and modern structures.
Shingles have provided a roofing and cladding solution for a vast range of projects, large and small. From simple garden gazebos and summerhouses, to residential projects and major commercial, public and civic buildings.
During this session delegates will learn:
1. An introduction to shingles
2. Typical uses
3. The performance of shingles
4. The environmental & sustainability benefits of shingles
5. Blue label certification – Why it is important
6. Installation techniques
7. Application – the beauty of shingles