With pressure on to build 300,000 homes a year, and the Government clearly favouring off-site methodologies to help meet demand, what can the industry offer that really fits the bill?
It is not just about speed of build, other issues such as supply chain custody, quality of build, energy efficiency and healthy buildings all come into play. This workshop will explore how offsite technologies such as structural insulated panels (SIPs) can help contractors to deliver cost-effective, highly thermal efficient buildings without compromising on aesthetics.
During this session delegates will learn:
1. How offsite methods can address pressing industry challenges such as the skills and housing shortages
2. How offsite methods can help to minimise the environmental impact of new buildings.
3. About the design, offsite manufacture and erection processes for SIP systems
4. How these technologies can meet the most demanding energy efficiency standards such as Passivhaus
5. How offsite methods can help to minimise site waste.