In response to the worrying statistics surrounding suicide and depression, specifically amongst young men, in the construction industry, Willmott Dixon launched the All Safe Minds Mental Health initiative in 2017. All Safe Minds aims to raise awareness of the issues facing our construction colleagues and explains how we can recognise the signs that someone might be struggling and how we can encourage a conversation. We will also talk about Willmott Dixon’s recent training programme for Mental Health First Aiders and will discuss how other companies can start their own internal campaign to provide the right support to their employees.
During this seminar delegates will learn:
1. How to recognise the signs that a friend or colleague is struggling with mental health issues
2. How to approach someone who is struggling and what you can do to help
3. How problems can be tackled – what we can do to get things back on track
4. What you can do as a company
5. The benefits you’ll see as an employer, when you safeguard the mental health of your employees
Dylan Skelthorn, Safety Ambassador for Willmott Dixon, will discuss the importance of safety on site, how easy it can be for the worst to happen, and outline the measures that we as individuals can take to be responsible for our own safety and that of our colleagues.