Research carried out in 2016 revealed that 40% of construction workers do not even check for an asbestos register before commencing site work. With around 1.5 million site-based construction staff employed in the UK - of which almost 48,000 are roofers - that amounts to over 580,000 workers who are at risk from avoidable asbestos exposure on the job.
This presentation gives an insight into the most important steps to take to be able to protect you and those around you from exposure, by being able to identify an asbestos-containing material (acm) and knowing what steps to take.
During this session delegates will learn:
1. Where you are most likely to encounter an acm as a Roofer
2. What a potential acm may look like
3. The key questions and when to ask them
4. What to do if you identify a potential acm
5. Links and sources of further information or training