They say the Devil is in the detail, and without high performance protection, it’s the details in the façade that can cause all manner of mischief. This talk explains the importance of waterproofing, airtightness, breathability and fire safety when selecting a breather membrane, and the need for consistency of installation to ensure the performance of the finished installation. It highlights the role of breather membranes in building performance, safety, service life and sustainability and discusses the benefits of choosing an external perimeter class A membrane (EPAM) to achieve best practice standards across all these criteria and futureproof a building.
5 Key Learning Points:
1. Specific breather membrane requirements for taller buildings
2. Specification considerations to ensure waterproofing, breathability and fire safety performance is delivered at installation
3. Vulnerabilities in the façade and how they can be addressed by the right breather membrane
4. Fire safety considerations for breather membranes
5. Installation methods for breather membranes and their impact on performance, programme length and project costs