The Building Safety Act received Royal Assent in April 2022 and is being heralded as the most important and significant change to health and safety legislation relating to the construction industry in the past 40 years. The Act will markedly alter how we approach the specification, design and construction of buildings, and how we measure both organisational and individual competence in those working in the Construction Industry.
5 key learning points:
1. Who the Duty Holders will be
2. How the Golden Thread and its gateways will be applied to the construction of new projects
3. How the rules will apply to Higher Risk Buildings
4. What needs to be done to prove competence
5. When the sections of the Act will begin to take effect