The government target for new homes is 300,000 per year, currently only about 200,000 at best are actually being built, so each year the target will get bigger. There are numerous reasons for this failure; lack of sites, slow planning process, an ageing workforce, lack of materials, lack of labour, complex contractual relationships and changing construction standards.
Put very simply if the target is to be achieved something has to change.
5 key learning points:
1. Definition of the problem.
2. Reasons for the failure to deliver.
3. Ways to improve productivity.
4. Quality - MMC is just as good if not better than traditional.
5. There is a silver bullet to solve the problem.